A cozy cocktail for winter nights. Old Fashioned with caramelized orange slices, fresh orange juice and rosemary-infused maple syrup.
Rosemary Maple Syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2–4 thin orange slices
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 oz bourbon
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1/4 cup rosemary maple syrup
- sparkling water (for topping off (optional))
- fresh rosemary (for serving)
- bruleed oranges (for serving)
- Rosemary Maple Syrup. Heat maple syrup and rosemary in a saucepan on medium until infused, approximately 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- Bruleed Oranges. Sprinkle sugar over one side of each orange slice. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat. Sear oranges sugar-side down until dark brown and caramelized, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix Old Fashioned. In a cocktail shaker with ice, add bourbon, orange juice, orange bitters, and 2 tbsp of rosemary syrup. Shake to combine. Taste & add more rosemary syrup as desired. Strain and pour into two glasses (over ice if preferred). Top each with sparkling water (optional). Garnish each glass with a bruleed orange and sprig of rosemary.
Keywords: cocktail ideas, cocktails, featured, happy hour, happy hour ideas, holidays, old fashioned