Frozen Mango Mint Margarita – super simple and refreshing homemade margarita featuring frozen mango chunks, fresh lime juice, tequila, and mint simple syrup!
- 2 1/2 cups (400 g) of frozen mango chunks
- 3 oz (88 ml) of tequila (silver)
- 1 oz (30 ml) orange liqueur
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 oz (60 ml) mint simple syrup
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
Garnishes + Rim
- granulated sugar or kosher salt (for the rim)
- lime wedges
- fresh mint
- Make mint simple syrup. Add sugar and mint leaves to a small bowl. Use your hands to crush the mint into the sugar, bruising the leaves to release the mint flavor. Pour in the hot water and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool in the fridge or freezer before adding to margarita.
- Blend margarita. Add all cocktail ingredients to a blender, and blend until completely smooth and silky, 1-2 minutes. If it’s too thick, thin it out with a little water or soda water at a time.
- Serve. Rub a lime wedge around the edge of your glass. Dip rim onto a plate of sugar or salt (whichever you prefer). Pour mango margarita into each glass and garnish with fresh mint and a lime wedge!
Keywords: cocktail, cinco de mayo, margarita