Simple weeknight salmon recipe made with dijon mustard, cumin, cayenne and honey.
- 2 lbs salmon, skin on (approx 4 filets)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- zest and juice of 1 lemon or lime
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/3 cup mustard, dijon, creole, or yellow (whichever you prefer)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp cayenne (optional, more to taste)
- Pat salmon dry. Place in a bowl and add paprika, cumin, garlic powder, zest, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands to coat the salmon. Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil into the bowl and rub oil into salmon evenly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine 2 tbsp olive oil, honey, mustard, lemon or lime juice, cayenne and a pinch of salt. Whisk until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Heat your skillet (preferably cast iron) to medium. Cook salmon skin side down, covered, until lightly charred, approximately 3-5 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes until flesh becomes opaque. Remove from skillet and spoon the honey mustard sauce over each filet.
- Serve salmon with an extra serving of the honey mustard sauce with your side of choice!
Keywords: Grilled, salmon, seared salmon