This Lemon Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Salmon is an elevated take on the weeknight dinner classic! Baby potatoes roast on the sheet pan first while the salmon marinates in an herby garlic seasoning.
This salmon meal comes together in under an hour in just one sheet pan to save you time! To keep this recipe simple in nature, I tossed the potatoes in just salt, pepper, and garlic powder to give you the garlicky taste without the extra prep.
The marinade helps boost the flavor of the salmon since it is baked and not seared. Grated garlic is important here to give you that extra oomphf.
Once everything finishes baking on the same sheet pan, this dish gets a fresh lift from the garnishes – a squeeze of charred lemon, a sprinkle of feta, and a flutter of arugula (yes, that’s a thing now – I just made it up :)).
It’s inspired by Half Baked Harvest’s Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon. I’ve pared down the ingredients list to simplify it for a weeknight!Print
Lemon Garlic Butter Sheet Pan Salmon
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Main Course
- Cuisine: American
Simple sheet pan recipe for lemony and garlicky salmon with roasted veggies.
Sheet Pan Salmon & Veggies
- 2 salmon filets (4–5 oz each, skin on)
- 1/2 lb baby potatoes (halved)
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 lemon (1/2 quartered, 1/2 sliced)
- 1/4 cup parsley (minced)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp feta
- Bake the Potatoes. Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Lay the cut potatoes and lemon quarters on the sheet pan. Drizzle 1 tbsp of the olive oil, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1 tsp of garlic powder on top. Toss it all together to evenly coat the potatoes. Bake for 20 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and lemons are charred.
- Season the Salmon. Pat salmon filets dry with a paper towel. In a bowl big enough for the salmon, add 2 tbsp oil, half of the chopped parsley, grated garlic, paprika, red pepper flakes, 1 tsp kosher salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Mix to combine, then add the salmon, and rub the seasoning all over the filets.
- Bake Salmon. When the potatoes have baked for 20 minutes, push them to the side of the pan, and place the salmon filets on the pan, skin side-down. Top each filet with a pat of butter and a lemon slice. Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on how thick your filets are.
- Garnish. Garnish the salmon with the remaining parsley, feta, and arugula. Squeeze the charred lemon on top + enjoy!
Keywords: dinner, healthy, salmon, pescatarian, fish