- 1/2 cup half and half*
- 1 cup water
- 1 oz semisweet chocolate (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (dutch processed, plus more for topping)
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- whipped cream (for serving)
- In a medium saucepan, warm half and half with water on medium-high heat until simmering. Add cocoa powder and whisk until no clumps are visible, 1 minute. Add chopped chocolate and sugar, then whisk until chocolate is melted and hot cocoa is thickened, 3 minutes.
- Divide into mugs and serve with whipped cream and a dust of cocoa powder.
Half and Half – can I sub half and half with milk? I prefer the taste of half and half and always have the lactose-free kind around, so that’s what I used but definitely feel free to sub that and the water with whole milk instead!
Keywords: desserts, drinks, featured, holidays