Delicious margarita alert! This frozen margarita is the ultimate marriage between a refreshing mango slush and a zesty lime margarita! To top it off, I added mint to elevate the fresh factor, and it definitely does the trick!
To make these margaritas, you’ll need the following:
- frozen mango chunks – super easy to find in your grocery store freezer section.
- fresh lime juice – squeeze it fresh at home!
- tequila – use your favorite tequila here; I used silver.
- orange liqueur – I normally go with Cointreau.
- fresh mint – mint goes in the simple syrup and as a garnish!
- salt or sugar rim – I love a good salt rim but I’ll switch it up every once in a while and do a sugar rim. Do whichever you like best!
Frozen Mango Mint Margarita
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 margaritas 1x
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American, Mexican
Frozen Mango Mint Margarita – super simple and refreshing homemade margarita featuring frozen mango chunks, fresh lime juice, tequila, and mint simple syrup!
- 2 1/2 cups (400 g) of frozen mango chunks
- 3 oz (88 ml) of tequila (silver)
- 1 oz (30 ml) orange liqueur
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 oz (60 ml) mint simple syrup
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 sprig of fresh mint leaves
Garnishes + Rim
- granulated sugar or kosher salt (for the rim)
- lime wedges
- fresh mint
- Make mint simple syrup. Add sugar and mint leaves to a small bowl. Use your hands to crush the mint into the sugar, bruising the leaves to release the mint flavor. Pour in the hot water and stir until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool in the fridge or freezer before adding to margarita.
- Blend margarita. Add all cocktail ingredients to a blender, and blend until completely smooth and silky, 1-2 minutes. If it’s too thick, thin it out with a little water or soda water at a time.
- Serve. Rub a lime wedge around the edge of your glass. Dip rim onto a plate of sugar or salt (whichever you prefer). Pour mango margarita into each glass and garnish with fresh mint and a lime wedge!
Keywords: cocktail, cinco de mayo, margarita
You’ll Love This Recipe!
Brûléed Orange Old Fashioned with Rosemary Maple Syrup